Family Vacation!!
Hey everyone!
This is a long overdue post because I kept forgetting to ask my mom to send me the pictures... sorry about that 😝
We left for vacation on the 11th and we got home on the 17th!
The vacation was mostly for us kids shooting sports. All four of us compete in SASP (Scholastic Action Shooting Program) and then my brother and I compete in SCTP (Scholastic Clay Target Program).
We drove over on Sunday (the 11th) and got all settled into the AirBnB.
Then on Monday we went to SASP nationals. This was our first "official" nationals shoot since last year it was a virtual shoot. Thankfully we stayed dry while shooting, the day before it had rained so much that some of the shooting stations were underwater. All of us did pretty well (not well enough to place lol) but we all had fun.
On Tuesday we went back to where nationals was happening because my brother and my dad wanted to go meet JJ Racaza who was giving tips to shooters. My mom, my other siblings and I went to look at the shops instead of listening to JJ Racaza speak. After we were done there we went back to the AirBnB and we played games and watched movies.
Wednesday we went to the zoo! They had a baby elephant (it was adorable 😍) that my mom really wanted to see. And they had this place where you could eat and look outside to the animals, it was really neat. Also at the zoo they had a place where you could ride on roller coasters and other rides so my siblings and I went on those. On the last ride of the day the cart my sister and I were in had to stop abruptly so we wouldn't slam into the cart in front of us and so we were flung into the safety bar at first I thought I was going to throw up from the impact but I was okay 😂
Thursday was more of a relaxing day, a break from the business so far but later in the afternoon we went and saw black widow!!! I've been waiting to see it so I'm really glad we got to go watch it. It was amazing! 😁
Friday was the first day of SCTP. We had expected to get rained on while shooting but thankfully it stayed dry. I did pretty well scoring 88/100 and I had fun!
Saturday, the second and last day of SCTP (and our vacation) was VERY wet. It was so muddy our van got stuck and we had to get another team to push us out. It also rained while we were shooting and the rule is we will shoot unless there is thunder or lightning. My mom dyed my hair pink the Tuesday before we left so the rain got my hair wet and it ran onto my shooting vest and shirt 😅 Other then the rain it was fun and I got a 83/100 for a total of 171/200, not my best, and not good enough to win anything, but when it's nationals you'd have to shoot a 200/200 to win anything. 😂 I had fun, showed improvement and that is all that matters.
Here are some of the pictures from our vacation! I forgot my camera so they're taken on my mom's phone.
This was the view while we ate :)
My twins favorite animal - the red panda
They babyyy 😍
Also, a little writing update I temporarily stopped writing The Adventures of Bailey Sallow to work on my hope story for KDWG (More information here). As of now I have finished it and gotten most of my beta readers to fix the many many mistakes. 😝 After it's sent in I can continue working on The Adventures of Bailey Sallow (read the first chapter here)!
And...






Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments but please dont comment anything that wont please the Lord.