Never to Young to do Good For Him
Have you ever been reading the Bible or doing devotions and there is one specific part that you really connect with?
I've been meaning to post about this for a while (I actually came across this before I had a blog) but I wasn't ever sure how to word things, I think I do now.
These verses 💜
Then said I: “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. Jeremiah 1:6-8 (NKJV)
I feel like everyone, especially kids, read stories or hear about people at church who are doing amazing things for God and they think "When can I do that for you Lord? When am I ready?" At least I know I have. My whole life I've struggled with accepting being the youngest. I'd push myself to do things my big brother could. My mom says I tried sitting up within minutes of being born.
The fact that God Himself said your age doesn't matter; that He will still send you out to do good for Him. And on top of that He said "Do not be afraid"; He acknowledges that it may be scary as a kid to go out and talk to people. He says He will deliver you, He will give you strength.
The point of this devotion was to say even if you're young it doesn't mean you can't find a way to teach others about God. Even though sometimes it could be scary or people may not take you seriously, you could plant a seed that could bloom into a beautiful person filled with the love and truth of God. And thanks to God telling us through these verses we know we can do things for God, He will command us and He will protect us and give us the strength to teach others.
Maybe you don't know your purpose yet, that just means it's not in God's plan for you to know it yet. Maybe you do know your purpose but think your purpose is small and seems of less importance, but it doesn't mean that at all. God gave you your purpose for a reason and He needs you to fulfil it.
(graphic made by me)

Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments but please dont comment anything that wont please the Lord.